This Week:

Thanks for another great year of No Option Tailgating. Please feel free to enter your prediction for the Big 12 Championship Game and participate in the polls.
GBR!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Carl Pelini Confronts Aggie Fan on Field




This whole thing is confusing and definitely not worth a post but I am bored so I'll put it up...
Below is a post by co-owner of TexasAgs.com who supposedly had his camera "broken" by an angry Carl Pelini. After posting the story on TexasAgs.com he posted on a Husker message board that Carl didn't break his camera and took down his original post on TexasAgs. Dirk Chattelain and David Ubben (ESPN) both apparently saw the confrontation and said that detachable peices only came off the camera but Carl did grab it.

At the conclusion of the game, I ran out onto the field with my video camera to capture the post celebrations of the players and coaches. When I reached approximately mid field (near the east hash marks), I came upon Carl Pelini verbally lashing a gentlemen on the field.

I directed my camera toward the commotion and captured the Nebraska coach as he began to walk away. As Carl turned, his eye caught my camera and the fact that I might have captured some of the exchange. What happened next was truly bazaar.

From about 10 feet away, he charged straight for me and for the camera that I was holding. By the time he reached me, I already had my camera by side. He grabbed the camera and I battled to maintain possession of it. Unable to gain possession of it, he broke the eye piece off in several pieces and threw them into the surrounding crowd. He then stormed off. The surrounding crowd helped me recover the pieces of my camera.

Also, there is no audio because, like an idiot, I forgot to put the shotgun mic back on the camera after coming down from the photo deck with 3 minutes remaining. As a result, I got zero audio.


Doesn't seem like a big deal and this guy is probably just trying to get some attention but bottom line is, why is Carl yelling or confronting anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment